Pembroke Fencing Club – Privacy Statement
At Pembroke Fencing Club we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Privacy Statement will let you know how we look after your personal data. It also informs you as to our obligations and your rights under data protection law.
We collect personal data of our adult and children members. Where we refer to “you”, “your” etc. throughout this document it refers to the data subject whose personal data we process. Therefore, if you are a parent reviewing this privacy statement on behalf of your child, “you”, “your” etc. shall refer to your child.
Click on the headings below to find out more about how we collect and process your personal data in connection with your use of this website and for marketing purposes:
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 679/2016) (the “GDPR”), Pembroke Fencing Club is the data controller with regard to the personal data described in this Privacy Statement.
“Data controllers” are the people who or organisations which determine the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any personal data is processed, who/which make independent decisions in relation to the personal data and/or who/which otherwise control that personal data.
In particular, we have appointed a privacy officer within Pembroke Fencing Club to monitor compliance with our data protection obligations and with this Privacy Statement and related policies. If you have any questions about this policy or about our data protection compliance please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Personal data can be factual (for example, a name, address or date of birth) or it can be an opinion about that person, their actions and/or behaviour.
“Special categories of personal data” means personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade-union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data and special categories of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
Identity Data includes first name, last name and date of birth.
- Images includes photographs taken at events for promotional purposes.
- Contact Data includes home address, email address and mobile number.
- Health Data includes details of any medical conditions which may be relevant.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We collect your personal data as follows:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Health Data by filling in application forms for membership, registering for competitions or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so.
Type of data
Lawful basis for processing
Processing your membership application and informing you of the outcome
Necessary to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you
Reviewing details of any medical conditions you may have provided on your application form to ensure your safety in taking part in the club’s activities
Registering you for competitions
Necessary for the performance of our contract with you i.e. to be able to provide you with your membership benefits
Keeping you up to date on club news, upcoming competitions etc.
Marketing and Communications Data
|We use photographs from events for promotional purposes and for the purposes of sharing club news with members||
Where we rely on consent as a legal basis, you may withdraw consent at any time by contacting us.
Withdrawal of consent shall be without effect to the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
We may share your personal data with the following parties in connection with our processing of your personal data:
We take appropriate security measures against unlawful or unauthorised processing of personal data, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal data. We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents and other third parties who are required to have access to your personal data and where they have agreed that they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures and technologies to maintain the security of all personal data from the point of collection to the point of destruction. We have procedures in place to deal with actual and suspected data breaches which include an obligation on us to notify the supervisory authority and/or you, the data subject, where legally required to do so.
We do not transfer your personal data out of the European Economic Area.
Your personal data will be deleted when it is no longer reasonably required for the purposes described above or you withdraw your consent (where applicable) and we are not legally required or otherwise permitted to continue storing such data.
Where you ask to be unsubscribed from marketing communications we may keep a record of your email address and the fact that you have unsubscribed to ensure that you are not sent any further emails in the future.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it.
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to automated decision-making including profiling, that is, not to be the subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you. We do not carry out any automated decision-making.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
Request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Pembroke Fencing Club, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority who can be contacted as follows:
|Contact||Data Protection Commissioner|
|Telephone||+353 57 8684800/+353 761 104 800|
|Post||Office of the Data Protection Commissioner
R32 AP23 Co. Laois
You can contact us with any queries, complaints or requests to exercise your data protection rights using the details below:
|Contact person:||Olga Velma|
|Telephone||086 216 0646|
|Post||Pembroke Fencing Club
St. Conleths College
Our Privacy Statement may change from time to time, and any significant changes to this Privacy Statement will be notified to you. Copies of this Privacy Statement will always be available to you on request.
|Tuesday||06:00 PM – 10:00 PM|
|Thursday||05:30 PM – 10:00 PM|
|Sunday||11:00 AM – 02:00 PM|